Are you eyeing better opportunities abroad? Aside from making sure that you are qualified for the position and have enough years of related work experience, it would not hurt if you also prepare the documents that would be required for you to be able to pursue your overseas dream.
Some of the requirements such as passport or NBI clearance may not be required at the start of one's application. However, applicants who are serious in getting an overseas job are advised to prepare the needed documents beforehand so their deployment will not be delayed in case the job opening is urgent.
The following are the usual documentary requirements that an aspiring overseas worker must secure:
- Resume with detailed job description
- Valid Philippine Passport. Make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months prior to travel date.
- School Credentials. Documents such as High School or College Diploma; Post Graduate Diploma if applicable; Transcript of Records.
- Valid Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID (if necessary)
- Employment Certificates
- Training/Seminar Certificates
- Valid TESDA Certificate (if applicable)
- Valid NBI Clearance (for travel abroad)
Take note that the POEA-licensed agency may require more documents from the aspiring OFW, depending on the request of the foreign employer or the job opening.