Date Posted: October 26, 2017
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is just one of the top destinations for Filipinos who seek better opportunities abroad. KSA is undoubtedly a major job provider for Filipinos due to the vast demand for qualified Filipinos who will occupy positions in various fields and industries.
According to Stock Estimate of Temporary Overseas Filipinos, a study by the Commission of Overseas Filipinos, there are 1.2 million Filipinos in KSA-- permanent residence, OFWs and illegally-documented combined. Filipinos are the fourth largest group of foreigners in KSA.
Job Opportunities in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has made the list of top emigration destinations of Filipinos in the last decade. The leading job opportunities in Saudi Arabia come from the industries of engineering, petrochemical, and refinery construction where Filipinos are hired as civil engineers, technicians, inspectors, controllers and surveyors.
Medical professionals are highly in-demand in KSA. In fact, government hospitals seek Philippine recruitment agencies' assistance in recruiting nurses and other healthcare workers.
Basic information you need to know as an OFW in Saudi Arabia
1. Carry your Iqama (residence ID) wherever you are.
2. Pornographic materials and alcohol are prohibited in KSA.
3. Criticism of the royal family or Islam is strictly prohibited.
4. Common-law relationships, homosexual relations, adultery, and prostitution is a big no-no.
5. Avoid public display of affections like kissing and holding hands in public places.
6. Saudis practice zero tolerance to either soft or hard drugs. Drug offenders will be sentenced to death.
7. It is forbidden to photograph official buildings like government, military institutions, and holy sites. Likewise, people should be photographed only with their permission.
Know your desired work destination thoroughly. Take the PEOS Online here. And to discover more opportunities abroad, sign-up now with WorkAbroad.ph! Complete your profile immediately to be able to apply for thousands of jobs.