Unit 5 Finlandia Townhomes 1700 Dian & Finlandia Sts. San Isidro, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
7-239-6029 / 8-425-3313 / 8-887-1831
Principal / Project
KATOEN Natie Khonaini Co. Ltd.
QualificationsMale28 Years Old and AboveMinimum of 5 Years ExperienceFilipinoAt Least Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate
JOB DESCRIPTION: INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN
The primary purpose of this position is to install, test, calibrate, tune, maintain, repair and modify all plant instruments and control systems to ensure continued operations at the highest level of skill in accordance with training, plant procedures and direction. Perform preventative maintenance to maximize equipment uptime. Ensure that maintenance work performed maintains or improves product quality and production efficiency. Maintain a safe working environment and plant efficiency. Maintenance performance shall be consistent with company goals, business unit Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to include safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, and customer service.
Maintains controlled equipment such as Bagging Machine, Conveyors, Palletizer Machine, Check Weighers, Metal Detector, Shuttle Conveyors, Shrink Hooding Machine and any other automated equipment as it may form part of the company/client contract.
This position reports to a Foreman or Supervisor.
1. Ability to read and translate electrical drawings and schematics, P&ID drawings, identify electrical components and follow electrical circuitry sufficiently for effective troubleshooting.
2. Ability to work from electrical schematics, blueprints, drawings, sketches, layout, manuals and other specifications both verbal and written.
3. Ability to use electrical hand tools such as hand multi meters, meggers, ammeters, electrical drills, portable generators, etc.
4. Ability to install and troubleshoot plant instrumentation such as but not limited to sensors, pressure, flow and level transmitters.
5. Ability to use diagnostic and calibration equipment such as but not limited to a HART communicator, Druck Calibrators, ASi addressing tool.
6. A working knowledge of Profibus DP and ASi bus systems.
7. Proficient in the use of test equipment like multi-meters, HART communicator and
8. Working knowledge of Siemens S7-series of PLC's (Allen Bradley such as ControlLogix, SoftLogix Control Systems or SLC500 Controllers are acceptable as well).
9. Working knowledge of AC and DC power distribution.
10. Ability to perform complex troubleshooting on equipment such as palletizers, automatic bagging lines, electronic scales, electronic stretch wrap machine, air and hydraulic systems and conveyor systems.
11. Ability to perform general maintenance work involving but not limited to basic welding and mechanical maintenance.
12. Ability to start the machine and observe the operation to detect malfunction(s) of the machine and hand over to Operation department after correction of such malfunctions.
13. Ability to troubleshoot and repair packaging and bagging machine problems with competent speed and accuracy under time and delivery pressure.
14. Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
Unusual Working Conditions
1. Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
2. Daily overtime.
3. Rotational night and day shifts.