Brgy San Roque, Bauan, Batangas, Batangas, Philippines
Principal / Project
Atlantic Gulf & Pacific Company of Manila
QualificationsMale or FemaleMinimum of 10 Years ExperienceFilipinoAt Least Bachelor's / College Degree
The Sr Buyer shall be responsible for the number of different commodities and services that all are part of the requirement of AG&P. He shall be involved from bid phase and on to project phase; evaluating, choosing and negotiating with suppliers and work with other functions to find the right cost level.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Ensures effective day to day supplier relationship management and operational performance of partners and suppliers
- Prepares commercial bid analysis
- Generates purchase orders as required and follow procedures in a timely manner.
- Supports and oversees the programme management and execution of sourcing activities including RFQ project/production to meet the internal and external stakeholder requirements for current and future projects.
- Coordinates the approvals of material substitutions or TQs
- Establishes Requests for Quotations (RFQ’s) including commercial and technical requirements, evaluate and select suppliers’ offers and negotiate contracts.
- Clarifies with the Vendors for commercial parts and technical parts from engineering for every material to be purchase.
- Coordinates closely with the Project involved personnel.
- Monitors and reviews market conditions and price & delivery trends for Project materials and equipment.
- Reviews, finalizes and signs the RFQ's/ PO's before releasing to assigned signatories in the RFQ's/PO's.
- Coordinates closely with the VP/PM during Vendor Selection.
- Resolves Non Conformance Report with concerned parties.
- Organizes kick-off meeting with selected Vendors.
- Prepares and conducts periodic update of Procurement Master Register.
- Follows through on the receipt of order confirmation
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Engineering or Business Administration graduate
- At least five (2) years of experience in the similar position, or equivalent supervisory or management experience
- At least ten (10) years of overall experience in in procurement and/or supply chain management works, preferably from a steel fabrication, construction, engineering or oil & gas industry.
- With extensive and excellent understanding of efficient materials flow and best practice.
- With strong techno-commercial knowledge on procurement of technically-complex equipment, mechanical and process packages for EPC industry.
- Able to work in an Oracle environment