PIG PRODUCTION MANAGER
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Apply Until: Dec 14, 2019
G/F 2053 Edison St. Brgy. San Isidro, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
8-845-1098 , 8-844-2853
Principal / Project
QualificationsMale30 Years Old and AboveMinimum of 5 Years ExperienceFilipinoAt Least Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree
BOROMA LIMITED is Papua New Guinea most modern piggery, has a vacancy for PIG PRODUCTION MANAGER based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. This position requires a professional hands-on person, who has the ability to work independently and with initiative.
Job Duties and Accountabilities:
• Ensure daily care promotes humane animal handling, including the safeguard of animal health, providing access to water and feed, and the best possible environment.
• Monitor the health of all animals, ensure proper vaccinations, medications, and injections are given and documented as needed to promote animal well-being, achieve regulatory compliance, increase production and communicate all animal well-being issues and/or concerns to the Farm Manager.
•Promote safe work habits, maintain a safe working environment and report all work related injuries within 24 hours of occurrence to the Farm Manager.
• Keep and maintain accurate production records.
• Assist the Farm Manager in the training of team members’ production and interpersonal skills through open and honest informal daily feedback, and daily organization of their activities.
• Organize and participate in the daily production activities of their departments including implementation, follow up, and review of the execution of standard operating procedures.
• Communicate department needs to the Farm Manager such as feed, supplies, maintenance, personnel issues, etc.
• Perform minor maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment, as well as, housekeeping responsibilities of the facility and communicate to Farm Manager of necessary repairs or maintenance needed.
5 year experience in the swine industry
• Breeding section, AI collection, processing and inseminating
• Farrowing section, birthing, medicating
• Weaner to Finisher section, attention to details
• Proper pig terminology, animal husbandry and livestock handling (advanced)
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic understanding of computers is preferred
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Organizational and Leadership skills ability to take charge in managers absents.
• Training and development of team members on standard operating procedures
• Work independently, as well as being a team player
• Effectively monitor and develop subordinates to insure smooth operation of the farm
• Maintain confidentiality
• Desire to learn new skills
• Use production records to facilitate improvements
• Learn other parts of the companies operations Feed Mill and Abattoir.
Interested applicant may email their resume to [email protected]
An attractive package will be offered to the successful applicant. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
NO FEES TO BE COLLECTED.