IT (ROBOTICS) TEACHER (MALE AND FEMALE)
Apply Until: Oct 23, 2019
Unit 201 & 301 Logic House 1811 L.M. Guerrero St., Malate Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
8-521-2780 / 8-664-5693
Principal / Project
AL WARABI PRIVATE SCHOOL CO. W.L.L. 207
QualificationsMale or Female18 Years Old and AboveMinimum of 2 Years ExperienceAt Least Prof'l License(Passed Board/Bar/Prof'l License Exam)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safeguards materials, records, and equipment.
- Promotes and Maintains a Positive Learning Environment.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and adheres to and upholds their implementation and enforcement.
- Convenes all assigned classes in accordance with their start and end times.
- Maintains a safe environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Participates in campus-wide initiatives in support of recruitment, retention, graduation, and other institutional effectiveness goals on an individual and team basis.
- Attends school functions including staff meetings, in-service training, faculty meetings, orientation, graduation, and special student activities and school events as required. Maintains appropriate confidentiality when working with students, records, and administrative staff.
- Interacts with students and fellow employees in a courteous, professional, and positive manner.
- Teach five Middle School classes each semester including Computer Science, Lego Robotics, and Digital Communications using a facilitative and growth-minded approach
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curriculum, course content, materials, and methods of instruction demonstrating best practice
- Work with the LS and US computer science teachers to ensure curriculum alignment, consistent application of teaching practices, and awareness of students’ developmental progress
- Serve as an advisor within the framework of the Middle School’s advisory program
- Communicate with students, parents, and colleagues to promote program and meet student needs
- Engage students in learning experiences that stimulate rational and analytical thinking, focusing on project-based learning to harness student passions
- Promote the use of technology as a tool for problem-solving and communication
- Serve as an advisor/coach to Girls Who Code, spearhead the MS Hour of Code event, and coach Middle School Robotics Team
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in professional conferences, and individually exploring emerging technologies and applications
Qualifications Must demonstrate a growth mindset when working students and be willing to support students above all else. Must have strong teaching skills with an ability to meet various learning styles. Must be knowledgeable in computer science and technology-related content. Computer proficiency, technical skills, and knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies and applications are needed. Strong written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills are required. Individuals must be adaptable and flexible enough to work individually and as part of a team. Must be willing to learn, study opportunities, and improve competencies in the computer science and technology curricula. Requires the ability to connect, collaborate, and partner with students, teachers, administrators, and staff. Promotes the mission and values of Ravenscroft. Bachelor’s Degree and two to four years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degrees and certifications are desirable, but not required.