SHIFT CHARGE ENGINEERS (Pls Read JD)
BAHRAIN, Saudi Arabia
Apply Until: Sep 17, 2019
7th Floor Vernida IV Bldg., 128 L.P. Leviste St., Salcedo Village, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Principal / Project
ALUMINUM BAHRAIN ( ALBA )
QualificationsMale31 Years Old and AboveMinimum of 10 Years ExperienceFilipinoAt Least Bachelor's / College Degree
Shift Charge Engineer position
The job holder will be responsible for the following:-
· The production of power generation to ensure the smooth operation of power stations-5 .
· Coordinate the activities of the power area permit for work system as senior authorised for electrical switching up to 220KV.
· Ensures company policy and procedures are adhered to at all times.
· Evaluates plant emergencies, takes appropriate action to restore back normal conditions and advices management current status and potential risks.
· Ensures Operational Procedures, Standing Instructions and Safety Rules are adhered to. Monitor their effectiveness and make recommendations for modifications and updating
· Liaises with maintenance staff to ensure that operational input to maintenance programs is adequate and prompt
· Monitors performance of the plants, analyses problem areas, advices as required for the plant improvement
· Contributes to the development of the yearly objectives and associated budget for the department and ensures that the operations in the area of responsibility are conducted within the agreed financial parameters.
· Ensures that staff are properly trained, motivated and are fully aware of their responsibilities to carry out their work safely, effectively and with maximum efficiency
· Establishes close co-ordination with the Operation Superintendent and duly appraises the Manager in respect of all activities of the plants under his control
· Oversees Permitry activities in the shift in all plants under his control and co-ordinate with different disciplines within power and / or rest of the plant for utmost safety of personnel and smooth working of the planned activities.
· Work as “ Senior Authorized persons to ensure an effective and safe “Permit for Work” system is in place and operational .
· Establishes smooth operational systems in the event of planned plant outages.
· Ensures minimum disruption to the system, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, plant emergencies and system disturbances.
· Ensures that all areas keep a log/record of all events affecting plant availability or production.
· Organises training requirements within shift operations to enhance productivity, efficiency and flexibility of the line staff, which enhances their development
1) Candidate should have a BSC degree in mechanical /Electrical /instrumentation engineering with minimum 10 years of experience, 5 year of which in shift supervision position.
2) Candidate should have experience in combined cycle power station operation including electrical switching & performance monitoring.
3) Added advantage for working with GE gas turbines ( 9 FA , 7FA , ……) .
4) Added advantage for pot line Rectiformers operational experience.
5) Added advantage of Utilities (compressed air system, gas compressor system, fire pumps and fire system, RO plants) operational experience.
6) Man-management and interpersonal skills must be well developed with the candidate having the required training abilities and talent to motivate, encourage and spot achievers
7) Previous exposure to a multi-racial work environment and the acceptance of foreign cultures is preferable.