Assistant Shift Charge Engineer (Pls Read JD)
Apply Until: Sep 17, 2019
7th Floor Vernida IV Bldg., 128 L.P. Leviste St., Salcedo Village, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Principal / Project
ALUMINUM BAHRAIN ( ALBA ).
QualificationsMale35 Years Old and AboveMinimum of 10 Years ExperienceFilipinoAt Least Bachelor's / College Degree
Assistant Shift Charge Engineer position
The Jobholder will be responsible for the following:
- To perform operational engineering, power & electrical control, performance monitoring, plant commissioning & supervision duties within the specified power station & utilities areas, including permit to work issue, high voltage switching and isolation up to 11kV, and technical operational troubleshooting.
- Assists the senior shift charge engineer and the Shift charge engineer in the assigned shift in carrying out the operational activities at control rooms and in the field, assists in fault-finding and failure analyses and contributes to the optimisation of plant performance.
- Ensuring safe, secure and efficient operation during starting up, operating and shutting down conditions at all times.
- Coordination with maintenance and contracting supervising staff.
- Supervision and control of operating staff in the respective areas
- Co-ordinates the operation of 4 compressed air plants to ensure uninterrupted air supply, monitor and report any abnormal deviations seen in the end users usage.
- Ensures gas compressor systems operate without disruption.
- Supervises fire systems monitoring is effective and reliable, communicate and co-ordinate with the SHE department in these activities.
- Operates pot lines 1 to 6 controls to the target KA set time to time with minimal loss.
- Ensures optimal generation of power in power stations with the staff assigned.
- Monitors the plant network and optimise generation to the limits of spinning reserve set by the SSCE at about 50Hz in close co-ordination with the other ASCEs in the shift.
- Monitors plant layout mimic and update as required.
- Monitor 132KV SCADA and notify abnormalities in any to SSCE /SCE.
- Liaise with the system control and operate ELECTRICITY & WATER AUTHORIY, KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN GRID power exchange with respect to 220KV links under the guidance of SSCE / SCE
- Evaluates plant emergencies and take appropriate action in controlling the pot lines primarily and act in association with the SSCE / SCE to restore back normal conditions and advice SSCE of status and potential risks.
- Ensure Operational Procedures, standing instructions and Safety Rules are adhered to Monitor their effectiveness and make recommendations for modifications and updating.
- Ensure minimum disruption to the system, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, plant emergencies and system disturbances in close co-ordination with the SSCE/ SCE.
- Contribute to the plant modification proposals and suggestion schemes.
- Performance monitoring or the plant and routine performance calculations.
- Leading commissioning teams for plant following major maintenance, and also new plant being put into service.
- Candidate should have a BSC degree in mechanical or chemical engineering with 10 years experience.
- Candidate should have experience in combined cycle power station operation including electrical switching & performance monitoring.
- Added advantage for pot line Rectiformers operational experience.
- Added advantage of Utilities (compressed air system, gas compressor system, fire pumps and fire system, RO plants) operational experience.