There are two types of contract used in overseas jobs - limited and unlimited. Legal and court correspondent Bassam Za'za' shares in his article published in some good points about the unlimited type.

"I have submitted my resignation after working for two years in a Dubai company on an unlimited contract. How is end-of-service gratuity calculated? Is it on the basis of 21 days' salary? Am I entitled to a return ticket to my home country? I signed the contract with the employer in my home country and the employment contract does not provide for ticket."

Article 137 of the Federal Labour Law No 8 of 1980 states that "where a worker under an indefinite term contract abandons his work at his own initiative after a continuous service of not less than one year and not more than three years, he shall be entitled to one-third of the severance pay provided for in the preceding article. Such a worker shall be entitled to two-thirds of the said severance pay if his continuous service exceeds three years up to five years and to the full severance pay if it exceeds five years".

Finally, an employer is obliged to give an employee a return ticket to his home country if the employee has cancelled his residence visa and decided to go back to his country.

To know more about limited and unlimited contract, read Unlimited and Limited Contract: The Difference

You may also learn more from the source of this information: gulfnews