Date Posted: November 17, 2016
The Beauty and Personal Care industry is now experiencing a sustained employment growth both locally and overseas. As a matter of fact, an average of 700 job ads with multiple vacancies are being posted at WorkAbroad.ph everyday by POEA-licensed agencies for the Health/Beauty/Personal Care Industry.
Here are the top in-demand job specializations for Filipinos with vocational diploma or short course certificate specializing in hair cutting, make-up application, hairdressing, nail care, and facial and massage therapy:
1. Beauticians/ Make-Up Artists – Beauticians’ skills include make-up application and hair styling. Generally, candidates needed for this position requires at least 2-year work experience. Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates are among the countries looking for beauticians.
2. Massage Therapists – Massage therapists understands the physical body movements. They have the ability to identify painful or tensed body area to assess the necessary massage technique to be applied to the client to prevent injury. Male and female massage therapists with at least vocational diploma or short course certificates may pursue their career in Oman, Maldives, or Qatar among other destination options.
3. Nail Technicians – Filipino workers who can provide satisfactory nail and hand services to customers like manicure, pedicure, and nail art now have the opportunity to work in Morocco, Dubai, or Riyadh. There are various POEA-licensed agencies who are constantly looking for nail care experts by posting their job vacancies at WorkAbroad.ph.
4. Hair Stylists/Hair Dressers – Besides hair styling, hair dressers are also expected to perform hair and scalp treatments, coloring, and weaving. Middle East countries like Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Qatar also prefer Filipino salon experts to serve in their salon/beauty establishments.
5. Facial Care Specialists – Aspiring OFWs with a minimum of 2-year work experience as facialists can explore better opportunities in the spas and salons in the Middle East’s key cities like Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Doha. By performing techniques using aesthetic products, facial care specialists execute facial hair removal, exfoliation and apply peels and masks.
6. Barbers – Barbers usually serve male customers wanting their hair to be cut and groomed. Facial har trimming and shaving are also their responsibility. Filipino barbers are needed in Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, and other neighboring countries.
7. Salon Receptionist – Receptionists are also considered frontliners as they directly interact with the customers either personally or on the telephone. They are in-charge of welcoming salon visitors, assist them to identify the kind of service they need, and monitor daily activities, if asked. Salon receptionists are needed in the top OFW destinations like Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Kuwait.
Discover more overseas opportunities for Health/Beauty/Personal Care professionals. Sign-up now with WorkAbroad.ph and complete your online resume to apply for thousands of jobs worldwide.