Increase your awareness on how to avoid illegal recruiters. Here's some reminders from POEA and Workabroad.ph in accordance to Republic Act 8042 or the Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Act of 1995, as amended by Republic Act No. 10022.
1. Apply only with licensed recruitment agencies. Do not apply with consultancy firms, training centers, travel agencies, and foundations that promise jobs abroad.
3. Transact only with authorized representative(s) of a licensed agency.
5. Pay only the allowed placement fee. It should be equivalent to one month salary, except in cases where charging of such fees is prohibited.
7. Be wary of job offers through the internet that require applicants to immediately remit payment for intended visa, airfare, and processing costs.
9. Make sure that you have the appropriate work visa/permit. Be wary of job offers using tourist or visit visas.
2. Check with POEA whether the position you are applying for has an approved job order.
4. Transact business only at the registered address of the agency.
6. Pay the placement fee only after you have signed an employment contract. Demand an official receipt reflecting the actual amount paid and purpose for which payment was made.
8. Be wary of ads or brochures requiring you to reply and to enclose payment for application forms and processing of papers.
10. Transact directly with government offices and personnel. Never deal with fixers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT, YOU MAY:
• Call POEA Hotline: 722-1144 / 722-1155 • Visit POEA Website: www.poea.gov.ph • E-mail POEA: firstname.lastname@example.org • Visit the nearest POEA Regional Center, Extension Unit, Satellite Office or Public Employment Service Office (PESO). • Attend the Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar (PEOS) At the 2/F, Blas F. Ople Bldg. (POEA), Ortigas cor. EDSA. Monday - Friday 9:00 am & 2:00 pm
DOWNLOAD POEA MOBILE APP FOR FREE!
Verify Agency Status Check Valid Job Orders
Be Informed on How to Avoid Illegal Recruiters Contact POEA