(Butchers, Slaughterers, Meat Cutters and Trimmers) (Labourers, Wrappers, Packers)
· Carry out Slaughter of all types of livestock (beef, bison, elk, sheep, horses).
· Work with blood and various contents of slaughtered animals. Split carcasses.
· Transport raw materials and finished products throughout the plant or warehouse by hand or using power equipment.
· Measure and add ingredients in mixer if needed. Salting hides if needed.
· Manually trim, wrap or pack meat products into boxes or other containers.
· Carry out sanitation of work area. Carry out basic cleaning, washing, repairs, maintenance of equipment and building rooms and facilities.
· Work in cold, hot, or wet environment both inside and outside. Do heavy lifting and repetitive work such as carcass cutting, meat trimming, and other related duties.
·25 to <40 years of age
·minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
·Speak good English
·High School graduate, preferred post-secondary agriculture college education in animal sciences for Pork Production Technicians, further technical on-job training in feed processing in Feedmill Production Workers, further technical on-job training in Meat processing.
·Excellent health. Non-smoker preferred. Mechanically inclined, self motivated, and enjoy working in a fast paced workplace.
·Willing to work and stay on the job. Willing to migrate with the family.
·Valid and clear drivers license preferred. Qualify for an international driver’s license.
· Work with little direct supervision.