Plans and directs the efficient operation of the whole Qatar water transmission & distribution networks inclusive of manpower, commissioning of new transmission & distribution mains and interconnection of any new primary mains to the existing networks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages, Instructs and supervises Pipeline Supervisors and staff.
· Prepares & updates the QMS.
· Studies, plans and coordinates for the isolation for major shutdowns to connect new distribution networks to existing networks.
· Arranges isolation of major breakages and the change-over of supply from one area to another if necessary.
· Handles emergency activities.
· Analyzes water quality related complains and prepares the action plan for the staff to follow.
· Supervises the commissioning of new transmission mains.
· Inspects and authenticates the Taking-Over Certificate of new
· Distribution/Transmission networks.
· Coordinates with the concerned departments to rectify/attend pending defects. In case of existence of major outstanding defects, prepares IDM for the concerned section to rectify.
· Conducts meetings with concerned offices regarding major shutdowns for interconnection works to come up with appropriate method statement.
· Leads the decision making teams regarding any required improvement in the network.
· Attends and witnesses the final hydro test for all newly laid transmission mains.
· Coordinate to create required item master for procurement of required materials / equipment / tools for the Section, including technical evaluations for the offers.
· Prepares the daily report on the following:
a) Leak Analyses Report
b) Daily Activities Monitoring Report
c) Daily Flushing/ Re-flushing Report
d) Daily Summary of Shutdown.
· Prepares the Pipeline Unit monthly report and consolidates the Operations Section’s monthly report.
· Prepares the Pipeline Unit yearly budget.
· Bs in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with post-secondary training.
· Minimum 10 years in the operations of water transmission & distribution systems and 5 years relevant field of work.
· Stations are located in different sites of Qatar and water towers need to be climbed which are on elevated portion.
Other Significant Requirement
· Literate in Water Pipe Hydraulics Software & ERP preferable
· Mobilization of resources in resolving emergency conditions.
· Requires Qatari driving license
· Physically Fit to visit & inspect sites
· Have a good scientific knowledge.
· Have leading skills
· Be able and know how to handle conflicts.
· Be able to speak, read, and write English on a moderate level for manual reading and communication purposes.
· Can handle stress situations.