Main Areas of Responsibility :
1. Monitor the collection process of healthcare waste throughout NGHA and provide appropriate reports and recommendations based on collection and examination results.
2. Conduct studies in healthcare waste management and provide information on treatment and containment of hazardous waste.
3. Assist management and staff in the categories storage area and disposal facility of the medical and non-medical waste.
4. Assist with the implementation of special projects pertaining to waste management, ensuring compliance of NGHA and waste management requirements.
5. Ensure waste management activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, safety management, JCI occupational health and general duty of care.
6. Assist with identifying hazardous waste and conditions that present general public and environmental health risks (chemical, biological, etc.)
7. Ensure correct waste disposal procedures are utilized depending on the nature of the matter to be disposed of, in accordance with NGHA policies and procedures and in association with national and international guidelines and legislation.
8. Conduct inspections of healthcare waste sites, accumulation and satellite areas, provide information and grade the cleanliness and overall hygiene related to environmental issues.
9. Follow safety and maintenance standards of departmental equipment and supplies, ensuring good working order of all generated on site and tools, equipment and materials used for the assigned work.
10. Maintain complete and accurate records and reports of waste management functions including records of waste generated on site and tools, equipment and material used for the assigned work.
11. Troubleshoot and provide technical advice to management and related others on the problems encountered concerning waste management.
12. Inventory activities of Contractors, reporting major defects and preparing related reports including Contractor payment reports.
13. Perform other job related duties required.
Education : Bachelor's degree in Environmental Services or Public Health Equivalent from an accredited College or University.
Work experience : Minimum of three (3) years post graduate experience in a comparable health care facility / organization.
CANDIDATES MUST BE A MUSLIM.