Title: Subsea Engineering and Installation Specialist
The Subsea Engineering and Installation Specialist is responsible for preparing, maintaining, and managing the project procedures in line with client contract requirements and Company standards. This position will ensure Project complies with all relevant Contractual, Statutory and Regulatory requirements, Legislation, and Industry Standards and advise PMT accordingly. The Senior Subsea Installation Engineer will be responsible for the management and supervision of Project installation activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Project interface for clients and subcontractors, handling technical and contract queries
- Delegation of duties to junior team members.
- Preparing installation engineering calculations to determine suitable installation methodologies and limiting criteria in accordance with project specifications and Technip engineering standards.
- Preparing installation procedures after reviewing best practices for similar operations
- Interface with drawing office to ensure timely preparation of drawings required for inclusion in engineering documents and procedures
- Preparing lift plans in compliance with Technip lifting operations guidelines
- Preparing deck equipment layouts and seafastening design calculations including detail design of grillage, winch & equipment bases, outrigger requirements
- Preparation of ITT, technical assessment of proposals received and technical support for placement of order and subcontracts in compliance with Technip commercial principles
- Supervision of external and internal suppliers performing subcontracted scopes of work including confirmation of progress against schedule and review of output to ensure completion in accordance with project specifications and Technip engineering standards
- Specification and booking of suitable installation equipment for the calculated loads, and requirements from internal and external suppliers
- Presenting allocated engineering task project engineering details at technical review, operations review and risk assessments
- Interface with client, independent verification authority and marine warranty surveyor to satisfactorily resolve any comments on documents issued as part of allocated engineering tasks
- Interfacing with vessel owners and vessels to obtain approvals for deck layouts, deck loading and issue of lift certificates where applicable
- Ensuring company and client assurance compliance
- Coordinate mobilisation operations with vessel, shipping agent, logistics, seafastening subcontractor, testing subcontractor and other subcontractors mobilising to vessel.
- Provide support for the training and development of trainee project engineers and graduates assisting on allocated engineering tasks or other activities or project teams
- VO identification and billing
- Reporting to directors
- Supervision of Design House and internal engineering resources
- Detailed engineering / supervision, installation engineering calculations and procedures, installation equipment specification and temporary works design /engineering
- Procurement of permanent materials / subsea equipment
- Specialist technical services subcontracts supervision
- Preparation of installation engineering procedure documents
- Technical Review, Operations Review, HIRA and Management of Change processes
- Preparation of effective Task Plans & Dive Plans from procedures
- Compilation of as-built dossiers
- Overseeing offshore diving operations, advising offshore managers, diving supervisors, project managers and project team members on diving and subsea installation operations along with safety related matters.
- Liaising with clients, ensuring project teams comply with safety requirements
- Engineering based science degree
- Minimum 10 years project experience in Subsea Installation field.
- Minimum of 5 years office based subsea project engineering specializing in subsea installation operations for a recognized subsea contractor or oil & gas operator.
- Must have offshore DSV experience in construction projects.
- Must be familiar with international diving regulations.
- Must be able to travel for frequent international assignments
- Well organized, self motivated
- Team oriented