Reporting to the Maintenance Electrical / Instrumentation Supervisor your role will include:
· Maintain all plant instrument and electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Prioritise instrument and electrical breakdown maintenance and contribute to timely completion of repairs.
· Routine checks and calibrations of area instrumentation.
· Provide own isolation for electrical /instrumentation equipment.
· Complete planned and unplanned fixed plant maintenance including servicing and repair of plant equipment.
· Complete preventative instrument and electrical maintenance schedules.
· Complete a range of multi skilled tasks associated within the normal trade role.
· Provide practical and technical assistance in problem solving in trade related areas
· Supervise and mentor apprentices and trainees.
· Adherence to company policy and procedures.
· Crushing/Grinding and Conveyor experience essential
· Exposure to conditioning monitoring
· Excellent communication and computer skills (SAP Preferred)
· Ability to read and interpret Drawings, schematics and PID’s
· Preferred candidates to have EWP, Forklift, Confined Space, Working from heights, Radiation Safety Isolation Officer, High Voltage Switching Ticket.
· Experience with Variable Speed Drives (VSD’s), Programmable Logic Control (PLC’s) and Communication Protocols.
· Wet Plant Experience
• Demonstrated safety leadership.
• Previous experience as an electrical/ instrument technician in a fixed plant.
• Team member with the ability to work unsupervised for extended periods.
• Ability to read and interpret Drawings, schematics and P&ID’s.
• Good understanding of principles of computer based instrumentation and circuitry.
• Good attitude to personal safety.
• An understanding of Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Previous experience with shift work.
• Knowledge and compliance with Mine and Electricity regulations and Acts.
• Previous FIFO experience.
5 years post trade experience in mining or industrial maintenance fields.
Qualifications / Certificates
• Current Western Australian “A” Grade Electrical Licence
• Cert IV in Electrical Instrumentation
• Accredited HV switching certificate
• Accredited RSI Training
• Elevated Work Platform Licence
• Forklift Licence
• Working form heights certificate
• Command of both the English and Chinese / Mandarin languages will be considered highly
desirable for this position