Personal Attributes, Education & Qualifications
· Fluency in English both written & spoken with good personal / interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrate leadership & personnel supervisory skills.
· Culturally aware with experience of working with multi-national workforces
· Electrical Trade Certificate / Technical diploma in Electrical / Instrument Engineering
Position Recommended Qualifications, Experience & Skills
· Good knowledge of plant Electrical and Instrument Systems, plant construction and commissioning.
· Experience in both commissioning and maintenance, Oil & gas preferred.
· Ability to lead a multi-national, multi skill team of technicians both as a supervisor & technical advisor.
· Experience in Training of national labour both through CBTA & OJT is an advantage.
· Ability to troubleshoot & problem solve within HV/MV / LV Electrical Power Distribution environment and Turbo-Generator Systems of 6.6kV / 0.4kV @ 50hz and instrument systems.
· Certified or licensed to Switch & Maintain High Voltage Bus Systems
· Ensure that all work conducted will be done so in a safe manner, utilising all safety equipment & PPE necessary to complete the specific work.
· Conduct Job Safety Analysis / Task Risk Assessments & Toolbox Talks as & when required.
· Know & understand your role in an emergency situation & in emergency exercises / drills.
· Participate in all Investigations of Incidents related to equipment on the facility.
· Understand and utilise the Lock Out/ Tag Out system to safely complete specific work.
· In depth knowledge of local electricity
· Maintain Instrument systems and Electrical Power distribution systems and all associated step-down transformers feeding the process and utility systems.
· Maintain Black - Start & Essential diesel Generators and all associated Switchgear in a safe and competent manner.
· Ensure Power Generation & Motor Control Centre Protection Systems are maintained for maximum reliability and availability.
· Ensure that the Ex & IP rating of every electrical item on the facility is maintained, so that
Integrity is not compromised.
· Manage & motivate a Team of Technicians to maintain the highest safety performance while keeping them focused on the tasks at hand.
· Implement the planned maintenance schedule and maintain accurate records in CMMS.
· Responsible for completing on time all maintenance related safety and audit action items allocated to the Electrical and Instrument section.
· Provide Technical support to operations personnel for planned and corrective maintenance of
E & I systems & equipment.
· Ensure safe switching, isolation & earthing practices are carried out on MV & LV systems.
· Co-ordinate with operations personnel for start-up and shut-down of Electrical equipment.
· Assist other trades and disciplines within limits of experience and capability.
· Collect data and information required for condition monitoring and preventative maintenance.
· Ability to communicate with Technical Support Specialists, read Line diagrams, electrical schematics, P&IDs and competently interpret technical drawings & specification documents.
· Perform in an emergency role as defined by the company's emergency response procedures.
· Involvement in daily maintenance planning activities as well as direct input into the 90 Day look ahead & 14 Day maintenance plans.
FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, KINDLY SEND YOUR UPDATED RESUME with PICTURE TO firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com