The Russell Inn
The Russell Inn
is conveniently situated at the junction of hwy #16 & Hwy #83 in the beautiful Parkland Region of Manitoba. Surrounded by four panoramic valleys you can settle into prairie sunsets, wake up to a prairie sunrise and enjoy the friendly ambiance and country charm of this unbelievable Inn.
The Russell Inn Hotel & Conference Centre is a year-round, first class facility that has been providing a wide range of hospitality services to our local community, as well as thousands of travellers, skiers, and conference guests for over 39 years. Our hotel has 122 rooms between three properties, indoor pool, waterslide and hot tub, conference centre, restaurant, Pizza Hut Express, 2 Subway stores, pub, convenience store, Esso gas bar and beer store all on site. We employ approximately 130 staff. We are also the founder and majority owner of Asessippi Ski Area & Resort.
Cooks prepare and cook a wide variety of foods. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other health care institutions, central food commissaries, educational institutions and other establishments. Cooks are also employed aboard ships and at construction and logging campsites. Apprentice cooks are included in this unit group.
Cooks perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks
Completion of college or other program in cooking
Several years of commercial cooking experience are required.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified cooks upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- There is mobility among the various types of cooks in this group.
- Progression to supervisory or more senior positions, such as chef, is possible with experience and training.
NO PLACEMENT FEE – NO PROCESSING FEE - NO SALARY DEDUCTION
FOR MANPOWER POOLING ONLY * NO FEES TO BE COLLECTED * BEWARE OF ILLEGAL RECRUITERS
You may apply personally at:
STAFFHOUSE INTERNATIONAL RESOURCES
Suite 402 Public Safety Mutual Benefit Fund Inc. (PSMBFI) Bldg.
318 Boni Serrano Ave. (Santolan Rd.) cor 1st St. (Beside Camp Crame Gate 2)
West Crame, San Juan
Tel. No.: 410-1234
And bring 2 sets of the following:
1. Resume with detailed job description
2. Diploma & TOR
3. Employment & Training Certificates
4. Two pcs. 2x2 photos
FOR INTERVIEW SCHEDULE, PLEASE CALL 410-1234 LOC.114& LOOK FOR RINA.