Our client is an established Australian company specialising in providing you the best industrial quality trolleys for hospitals, medical, aged care, laundry, bakery, hospitality and manufacturing and processing industry. Due to growing demand for its high quality products out client is seek in to employ Sheetmetal Trades worker with strong experience in MIG and TIG welding
In this role the candidate will be performing the following duties:
- General day to day duties will be a lot of repetition welding of frames and forming of parts to be welded. Forming of parts will be marking, cutting, punching, drilling, folding and finishing ready for welding.
- Applicant, most importantly must be able to carry out quality Mig and Tig welds on sheet metal parts and light tubular frames to construct 3D products eg. Trolleys, filing cabinets, tool boxes, stainless steel shelving and sinks.
- General cutting, bending and processing of tubular and flat parts is required, as is accurately measuring, marking, guillotining and folding of sheet metal parts for assembly.
The applicant must have the following essential skills:
- Interpret technical drawing, perform engineering measurements and perform computations
- Use power tools/hand held operations,
- Mark off/out structural fabrications and shapes
- Use workshop machines for basic operations
- Carry out mechanical cutting
- Perform routine oxy acetylene welding, manual metal arc welding , gas metal arc welding and gas tungsten arc welding whilst applying safe welding practices
- Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- Weld using manual metal arc welding process and gas metal arc welding process
- Apply fabrication, forming and shaping techniques
- Perform sheet and plate assembly
- Operate and monitor machine
- Process and operate computer controlled machine processes
- Perform operational maintenance of machines and equipment and perform advanced press operations
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Sheetmetal worker
Personal Employability Skills
- Strong communication skills - listening and understanding instructions
- Working as an individual & team member
- Reading and interpreting documentation
- Adapting to new situation including changing work condition
- Machine Skills: must be able to:
- Set up tooling and program a CNC press brake for folding of sheet metal components.
- Accurately measure, mark and cut sheet metal on a guillotine.
- Process flat bar and round bar on an iron worker (punch and shear)
- Accurately set up a drill press and drill holes in RHS, SHS and flat bar.
- Accurately measure, mark and cut RHS, SHS and flat bar on an electric cold saw.
- Use general hand tools such as angle grinders, hand drills and marking equipment.
- Welding Skills: must be able to:
- Set up and be familiar with a Tig welder – preferably a pulse Tig machine.
- Perform neat and clean continuous Tig welds on light stainless sheet metal parts (mandatory).
- Clean and polish welded stainless steel parts (this isn’t mandatory but would be beneficial)
- Set up general Mig welding machines.
- Perform suitable Mig welds to suit the job eg. Light sheet metal to heavy metal fabrication jobs.
- Weld structures together to from 3D products such as trolleys, filing cabinets and frame work.
- Neatly finish off welds with suitable tools ready for coating.
Applicant must be able to read and interpret general workshop and CAD drawings.
Ability to be able to plan, sketch and delegate small in-house task for not only himself but other unskilled factory hands would be beneficial.