Personal Attributes, Education & Qualifications
• More than 6 years experience in Deck Operations on an Offshore Platform
• HLO & Marine Logistics or directly related services within the oil & gas industry, with some time at a supervisory level
• Fluent in English language both verbal and written.
• Culturally aware with experience of working with multi-national workforces.
Position Recommended Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Handling, Deck activities & Materials handling on an
Offshore Oil & Gas Facility.
• Ability to lead a team of Deck Crew and scaffolders both as a supervisor and in a technical advisory capacity.
• Possess at least 3 years experience in Helicopter & Marine related Logistics.
• Ensure that all work conducted will be done so in a safe manner, utilising all safety equipment
& PPE necessary to complete the specific work.
• Conduct Job Safety Analysis or Task Risk Assessments as & when required.
• Know & Understand your role in an emergency situation & in emergency exercises / drills.
• Participate in all Investigations of Incidents related to equipment on the facility.
• Understand and utilise the Lock Out/ Tag Out system to safely complete specific work
• Motivate and Manage the Deck Crew, Materials Storeman, Camp Boss & onboard scaffolders or RATS.
• Adhere to and closely Follow transport regulations, both national and international for Sea and
Air transport for all goods especially any hazardous goods or waste materials.
• Ensures that all helicopter movements in the field are co ordinated & controlled in accordance with International guidelines, as Helicopter Landing Officer on the SHP Platform.
• Co ordinate all movement of marine vessels operating within the MEZ under the direction of the OIM.
• Ensures that safe routine crane operating duties including cargo loading/offloading, personnel basket transfers and assistance to Drilling where required while interfacing with SIMOPS.
• Liaise closely with Camp Boss to ensure the timely offloading & transfer of Fresh & Frozen produce containers.
• Organise the careful segregation of all facility waste, i.e. organic and non organic, hazardous
& non hazardous and transport all Waste safely to onshore via supply boat chain.
• Ensure that sufficient hazardous & non hazardous waste skips are available at all times on
• Ensures daily, weekly and monthly crane checks and routines (including rope greasing) are completed and that the appropriate check lists are updated & uploaded to CMMS.
• Ensure that the lifting & rigging re certification program is smoothly implemented with minimum interruption to Platform Operations.
• Ensure the safe & efficient transfers of bulk materials, diesel fuel, methanol, glycol and movement of tote tanks.
• Report to Maint Supv / OIM daily on all planned logistics activities for SHP.
• Liaise with Onshore logistics controller for transportation movements.
• Liaise with all departments for materials movements and assistance
• Make up and maintain a materials handling plan register and update as required
• Maintain a rigging equipment register logging where all items are located / in use
• Oversee the change out of rigging equipment and load testing of pad eyes etc as per the mechanical handling program.
• Monitor and control the work being carried out by the deck crew and scaffold crew
• Feedback information / history as required into the CMMS for Deck Crew works
• Oversee the loading of diesel and pot water etc supplies from support vessels
Send updated CV with picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULE ON AUGUST 1-3, 2012. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED.