Position: Special Needs Educators for Home Programs
Approximate Salary: Maximum of USD 1,000.00
Other Benefits: We need to check with the client as regards housing, food, and other allowances
Positions as described by the client: Special needs educators for home programs for our students.
The summary job description is as follows:
1. Behavioral Technician Certification – Applied Behavior Consultants through Alia for Early Intervention. Those with Special Education (SPED) Certifications will be Considered.
2. Experience in working with at-risk students.
REPORTS TO: Special Needs Coordinator
JOB GOAL: To provide positive behavioral support for students and classroom teachers by redirecting and retraining distractive and disruptive student behaviors.
1. Responds to teacher requests for assistance with disruptive behaviors and follows developed
procedures for dealing with disruptive behavior.
2. Meets with teachers, principals, families, and other school staff to work collaboratively with
students identified with high risk behaviors.
3. Works directly with administration, teachers, parents, and students and/or identifies others to work with parents and students to improve individual and school-wide student behavior.
4. Works with school staff to develop plans to direct efforts and interventions ensuring school
success for identified students.
5. Assist students and staff, as needed, to improve student behavior.
6. Instructs students individually and in small groups on appropriate behavior, problem solving,
conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques.
7. Helps to create and follow school-wide positive behavioral expectations and supports.
8. Organizes and provides monthly disciplinary reports to administration.
9. Works with other district at-risk programs.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.