Sets up and operates machine to automatically fold, slit, and score printed sheets into signatures for binding.
- Examines work order to determine setup specifications or inserts sample sheet in machine and sets guides to edge of sheet.
- Adjusts air blasts on feeder to regulate amount of air separating sheets of paper to provide continuous flow of paper through machine.
- Adjusts conveyor blades or knurled rollers to feed sheet into folding rollers.
- Turns screws to regulate tension of creasing blades and folding rollers according to thickness of paper and size and number of folds specified, using handtools.
- Sets slitting knives to slit sheets as specified.
- Stacks sheets to be folded on conveyor belt of automatic feed.
- Presses button to activate machine and observes machine operation.
- Adjusts machine during production run as required.
- May operate two or more machines.
- May jog, stack, band, and box folded sheets
Heidelberg Speed Master Machine
- With experience in operating the machine
- Knows how to adjust the color
- Adjust machine during production
3. Mold and Skyline II Machine
- CD/DVD production
- Set up and operates the machine to cast products from thermoplastic materials
- Install dies on machine according to work order specification
- Sets machine controls, regulating temperature pressure and time according to knowledge procedure.