DISCIPLINE - CIVIL & STRUCTURAL
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Have a working knowledge of Shell International Design and Engineering Practices (DEPs) as well as other international codes and standards particularly AISC, API RP 2A-WSD, API RP 2A – LRFD
- Have working knowledge in SACS, STAAD Pro and soil analysis engineering software.
- Have practical experience in design and construction of civil engineering structures including buildings, bridges, roads, storage tanks and drainage systems or design and construction engineering including offshore installation jackets, decks, bridges and packaged equipment.
- Have comprehensive skills and knowledge of design techniques in civil engineering, construction methods, relevant technical specifications, oilfield practice or design techniques in structural steel engineering including finite element analysis (SACS), design and fabrication detail drawings, codes or practice for structural steel work erection and welding applications, installation of jacket structures, piles, decks and modules, weighing procedures and structure centre of gravity calculations and lifting equipment including offshore derrick barge cranes.
- Have sound appreciation quality assurance and control requirements of the design process.
- - Have strong ability to concurrently manage and execute multiple projects of moderate scales effectively.
Experience : Minimum ten (10) years of practical experience in the offshore and onshore oil and gas industry. At least seven (7) years must be in upstream oil and gas facility design and preferably two (2) years in leading/coordination role in multidiscipline team.
Principal duty : - Review, check and provide engineering input on civil or structural drawings prepared by Designers.
- Perform structural integrity analysis employing SACs and report writing.
- Perform local check calculations or steel member sizing as and when required.
- Perform lifting analysis and sequence for installation of new equipment offshore as and when required.
- Undertake study and report writing on the application of new composite material technology or installation methods as and when required.
- Perform tank structural calculations as and when required.
- Attend technical meeting with Client as instructed by Department Head.