|Job Title: Network Operations Manager
Department: Network Operations
Reporting Line: Head, GNOC/CLS
The Network Operations Manager will be responsible for the performance monitoring, problem diagnosis and fault management on the Main One network. Other responsibilities include to:
- Ensure that the status of the MAIN ONE CABLE SYSTEM network is monitored on a 24-hour per day and 7 days a week basis.
- Ensure the achievement of network performance KPIs and that NOC engineers in his organization demonstrate the technical skills and process knowledge to get desired results
- Ensure timely fault diagnosis and problem resolution during shift period
- Monitor the issues escalation and resolution process for outstanding network performance issues.
- Ensure the opening, tracking closing and root cause analysis of trouble tickets for all network events
- Ensure provision of customer feedback on status of network events.
- Ensure Quality Procedures are adhered to.
- Monitoring of SLAs with customers.
- Ensure network performance reports are generated and delivered on time.
- Ensure effective training and development of NOC Engineers, where applicable.
Strong technical skills with knowledge of IP/MPLS, DWDM , SDH and other high capacity network solutions
- Effective communications skills –Reading & writing skills
- Team oriented and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Leadership & team- management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock alongside team when required to and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to participate in shift rotation for effective 24X7 coverage of network
- Good research skills
- Gross Salary: USD40,000-70,000 per annum
- Air ticket for self and family, once a year
- Vehicle for movement between home and offices
- Medical Insurance