- Must be a Registered Dentist
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience
- Fluent in English both in writing and communication.
Knowledge and skills
· Should be able to and willing to work supervised and unsupervised, with an awareness of own limitations and readiness to seek advice/support.
· Demonstrate ability to work with other health professionals and support staffs in a multidisciplinary a team.
· Should have good written and oral communication skills in English.
· Should demonstrate ability to manage time effectively.
· Clinical Responsibilities
· Adhere to national clinical guidelines, where available, and international best practices.
· Work closely with the clinical services team, including doctors within and other departments, nurses and clinical support staffs to ensure that the hospital meets its responsibilities in providing a safe and quality healthcare.
· Ensure informed consent is taken in accordance with the hospital policy and guideline prior to any procedure.
· Respect and ensure confidentiality and impartiality at all times.
· Ensure that all client results are seen and actioned as necessary.
· Examine teeth and gums; diagnose patients' dental conditions, using appropriate tools such as X-rays.
· Assess treatment options and explain relevant details to patient and attendants with regard to nature of disease, prognosis and treatment plan.
· Specific tasks and procedures that could be performed by general dentist are:
· Scaling and polishing using brushes, probes, polishers and other equipments to remove plaque and stains.
· Extraction of extra/unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
· Taking accurate measurement and making model for replacement teeth or rebuilding broken teeth.
· Cleansing and filling cavities.
· Performing surgery on gums or on supporting bones
· Advise necessary investigations and follow up visits, diet, medications and precautions.
· Admit and continue care to patients requiring special care, investigations and treatment in-hospital, in accordance with admission guidelines.
· Attend to all new admissions and in-patients as per the hospital protocol to ensure provision of efficient and quality services.
· Explain working diagnosis, treatment plans and progress in patient’s condition on regular basis and answer the queries of patient and relatives if any.
· To attend referrals from Wards and Emergency room and give professional opinion to treating Doctor, Patient and Relatives.
· Promote and educate patients on oral health care.
· Provide or arrange specialist clinics for specific conditions or for certain groups, e.g. diabetes, nutritional problems, smoking cessation, etc.
· Involvement in auditing and research.
· Medical Records
· Make notes, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other health care professionals.
· Getting files completed according to the Medical record standard guidelines set by the regulatory authorities.
· Ensure that history, examination findings and treatment is documented for OPD patients.
· Take a thorough history on admission and document on history sheet.
· Ensure that a thorough and systemic and local examination is carried out on admission and when indicated and documented.
· Advise on relevant investigations and document reports in the case sheet.
· Ensure that informed consent is taken and documented for all procedures.
· Complete discharge/transfer summary before discharging or transferring a patient.
· Professional development
· Should be up to date with medical developments, new drugs, treatments and medications.
· Should attend relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities meeting the hospital’s CPD policy requirements as a minimum, in order to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the area.
· Attend in-service trainings and CPD activities as requested.
· Attend national and international trainings, seminars and workshops.
· Be involved with teaching to other health professionals being educated in the hospital as part of the CPD activities.
· Should maintain a portfolio of continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
Interested applicants may send updated resume with complete Job description and 2x2 pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position that you are applying for.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.
* No fees to be collected - Beware of illegal recruiters*