1. Maintain high quality levels while promoting a quality-focused culture among the team.
2. Ensure that all product is manufactured to the highest quality standards and in accordance with company procedures.
3. Liaise with Quality department staff to ensure our own and customer standards are realised.
4. Ensure all relevant documentation is completed as per company procedures.
5. Complete corrective action reports in a timely manner.
6. Together with your team responsible for the creation of all related quality documentation for the manufacturing department.
7. Maintain and promote high standards in house keeping.
Productivity / Output
1. In conjunction with your direct manager develop, record and report on departmental K.P.I.’s on a weekly and quarterly basis.
2. Ensure relevant procedures and work instructions are in place, up to date and adhere to company policy for all manufacturing tasks.
3. Ensure all manufacturing is in compliance with the required company quality standards and operating procedures.
4. Drive continuous improvement through your team using Lean Manufacturing and GMP techniques.
5. Indentify training needs and develop training programs for your team to insure the company’s objectives can be achieved.
6. Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the company policy in regard to health and safety.
7. Record and when appropriate take action in relation to any manufacturing related issues/changes that may have an adverse effect on the company’s objectives, informing same to your direct manager.
8. With the support of your direct manager liaise and/or drive other departments as necessary to insure the company’s goals will be achieved.
9. In conjunction with maintenance personnel insure company facilities, plant and equipment are maintained to an appropriate standard through an agreed preventative maintenance schedule.
10. Create, review, adjust and manage the production plan. Both short and long term in line with live projects.
11. Insure production plan/targets are achieved on a continual base.
12. Prioritise work as changes occur.
13. Record accurate material usage, production and scrap figures.
14. Reduce reject production levels and identify problematic processes.
15. Ensure all materials/consumables required for production are in place and downtime is not caused as a result of absent materials or shortfalls.
16. To schedule every work centre in your department ensuring that the schedule reflects and meets the customer’s required delivery dates and company targets.
17. Chair daily production meetings with representatives from all relevant departments.
1. Adhere to company policies.
2. Maintain dignity and respect within the work place.
3. Promote and support a teamwork culture within the department.
4. Insure you and your staff adhere to company health and safety policies, procedures and instructions.
5. Identify, plan and manage the training requirements for your team in line with overall company requirements.
6. Carry out performance reviews in line with company policy.
7. Where required carry out disciplinary meetings with your staff in line with company policy.
8. Play a key role in identifying talent and hiring of manufacturing staff.
9. Monitor and control absenteeism and late arrivals.
Knowledge & Experience
Personal Skills Required
§ Fluent English.
§ Lead by example.
§ Attention to detail orientated.
§ Display a customer focused attitude at all times.
§ Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong leadership qualities.
§ A proven ability to train and develop a team work culture.
§ Able to take responsibility and work on own initiative.
§ At least 8 years man management experience.
§ Strong work ethic combined with a good attitude and common sense approach.
§ Flexibility towards tasks and requests with ability to adapt to new tasks.
§ Ability to listen and converse with co workers, customers and suppliers at all levels.
§ Creative and fresh thinking approach in terms of continuous improvement.
§ Confident presentation skills.