· At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
· Carry out their duties and responsibilities in a manner which assures the safety of patients, the general public, other staff and self.
· Adhere to in-country legal and security policies throughout the course of employment.
· Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
· Lead by example in practicing the highest standards of conduct in accordance with the appropriate Professional Code of Conduct.
1.1 Review the scene of the accident or emergency which they have attended and determine the scene safety, the patients immediate medical requirements.
1.2 Based on assessment findings, deliver emergency medical treatment to patients.
1.3 Communicates with patients as they deliver treatment and try to ascertain any complicating medical history.
1.4 Comply with all infection control procedures in the delivery of treatment.
1.5 Comply with all patient manual handling requirements in the transportation of patients.
1.1 Comply with regulations in the handling of deceased persons.
1.2 Report their observations of and the emergency treatment given to patients and other relevant information ascertained to hospital personnel on arrival or in advance of arrival.
1.3 Assist with the maintenance of the ambulance and ensure infection control procedures are fully complied with
1.4 Ensure that any untoward incidents are reported to the Ambulance Supervisor in line with hospital policy.
1.5 Promote and maintain a positive image of the Ambulance Department and the hospital as a whole.
1.6 Undertake or participate in projects or tasks requested by the Supervisor from time to time.
1.1 Participate in relevant in-service education and induction programmes.
1.2 Actively participate in Staff Development and Performance review.
1.1 Promote adherence to Health and Safety policies.
1.2 Co-operate with the organisation in ensuring that statutory regulations, codes of practice and other applicable health and safety rules are adhered to by all staff.
1.1 Support the efforts of the hospital in achieving accreditation. Adhere to all defined standards, processes, policies and procedures and cooperate fully with every initiative to secure accreditation
Develop Goals and Objectives, consistent with Best International Practice and/or Professional
1.1 Standards, and review the goals at least annually and update where appropriate.
1.2 Participate in the development of policies or in change management activities.
1.3 Submit regular reports on the effectiveness of the departments’ quality improvement activities.
1.1 Participate in personal objective setting and review (Personal Action Planning), including the creation of a personal development plan. The post holder should take every reasonable opportunity to maintain and improve their professional knowledge and competence.
1.1 Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in conjunction with the organisations confidentiality policy.
· A professional qualification and registration as a Paramedic or other relevant qualification
· Have undertaken advanced safe driving programme
· A minimum of three years experience of working as a Paramedic.
· A full current driving licence.·
The appointee will demonstrate competence including:
· Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Knowledge of Middle Eastern Road and Medical Treatment Regulations.
· Computer literate.
· A highly motivated approach.
· Confidence with people.
· Ambition for success.
· Ability to gain trust and confidence.
· Experience working and living in different ethnic environments an advantage.