- Ten years experience in aircraft maintenance with relevant apprenticeship and practical experience in at least 3 of the following aircraft types: B747, B757, B767, B777, A320, A330, A340, A380 or MD11.
- Hold a professional qualification issued by an aviation authority e.g. Aircraft Maintenance License, Aircraft Mechanic License, Aircraft Mechanic’s Certificate, etc.;
- Capable of performing airframe/engine, structural modification, cabin maintenance/modification, or avionics work with minimum supervision.
- Capable of training and coaching trainees effectively
- Able to communicate in English effectively, both written and spoken.
- Carry out routine maintenance checks and servicing tasks on transit aircraft in accordance with the specifications of the customers and the requirements of the aviation authorizes.
- Carry out major aircraft modifications, including customized interior reconfigurations, freighter conversion.
- Perform aircraft maintenance/overhaul tasks, including removal of obsolete components and installation of new parts and components.
- Rectify aircraft defects in accordance with the relevant Maintenance Manuals, e.g. repair and replacement of defective components.
- Conduct in-depth aircraft inspection and troubleshooting.
- Read the malfunction or defect reports on the aircraft prepared by the flight crews and to arrange for necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Evaluate the extend of malfunction and trouble-shoot defects to determine repairs necessary to restore the aircraft to its original working order according to approved maintenance manuals and work instructions.
- Use approved aircraft maintenance tools and equipment to carry out the required inspection, servicing, repair and maintenance work.
- Inspect and critically evaluate in-progress or completed work to ensure compliance with specifications and standards.
- Progressively sign for the tasks accomplished.
- Advise superiors when specific checks are required and report to superior in case defects are identified.
- Provide guidance to the lesser skilled mechanics and trainees and to coordinate their activities in getting the best efficiency in the work being performed.
- Act as a certified coach of the trainees to develop their competence and skills in aircraft maintenance.