Set up and operate devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators, following specified parameters of treatment.
Provide emergency care, including artificial respiration, external cardiac massage and assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Determine requirements for treatment, such as type, method and duration of therapy, precautions to be taken, and medication and dosages, compatible with physicians' orders.
Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
Read prescription, measure arterial blood gases, and review patient information to assess patient condition.
Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to manage patient care.
Enforce safety rules and ensure careful adherence to physicians' orders.
Maintain charts that contain patients' pertinent identification and therapy information.
Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
Explain treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation and allay fears.
Relay blood analysis results to a physician.
Perform pulmonary function and adjust equipment to obtain optimum results in therapy.
Perform bronchopulmonary drainage and assist or instruct patients in performance of breathing exercises.
Demonstrate respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
Teach, train, supervise, and utilize the assistance of students, respiratory therapy technicians, and assistants.
Use a variety of testing techniques to assist doctors in cardiac and pulmonary research and to diagnose disorders.
Make emergency visits to resolve equipment problems.
Conduct tests, such as electrocardiograms, stress testing, and lung capacity tests, to evaluate patients' cardiopulmonary functions.
Please submit 2 sets of the following requirements:
- Resume with detailed job description
- List of Equipments Handled
- College Diploma and Transcript of Records
- Certificates of Employment (from present to previous employments)
- 2 Recommendation letters from immediate supervisors
- No Objection Certificate (for ex-Saudi Applicants)
- Trainings and Seminar Certificates
- Passport Copy
- 4 pieces 2x2 white background pictures
- OMA Certificate for Islam applicants
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- Applicants are also required to bring all the original documents upon application.
- All ex-Saudi applicants must provide copy of final exit on passport & declaration letter of final exit and no liabilities & obligations from previous employers.