1. Demonstrate a professional role model as nurse educator.
2. Facilitate learner development and socialization effectively.
3. Implements, and evaluates educational programs that are aimed to advance nursing practice along a continuum of learning.
4. Uses the consultation process to facilitate and enhance achievement of individual, departmental, and organizational goals.
5. Facilitates the work of others through guidance, leadership, and coordination of diverse activities.
6. Participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of any alterations in systems within the nursing department and organization as a whole.
7. Nurse educators use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate nurses learning in classroom, skill laboratory and clinical settings, as weel as in all domains of learning.
8. Evaluates own performance and participates in continuous self-development.
9. Demonstrates accountability for role and behavior at work.
Nurse Educator is responsible for assessing the educational need for each nurse, collaborate with head nurses, nursing directors in the respective areas and nursing education specialist in planning to meet these needs, implement educational activities in the clinical areas, and evaluate educational activities and provide feedback to the Nursing Education Department.
He/She insures nurse candidates receive necessary training and education to perform their job responsibilities; monitors nurse candidates' performance take necessary action for compliance issues.
He/She collaborates with Nursing Education Specialist and Nurse Managers to ensure transfer of theoretical knowledge to clinical areas by participating in units specific orientation, in-service education and validating competencies of the nursing staff.