- Facilitate corporate-wide assessment of education / training needs, development, implementation and evaluation of the annual comprehensive education plan, which addresses management, staff and community education needs.
-Develop standards of performance for department staff, monitor and evaluate their performance and initiate or make recommendations for improvement.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programs for the nursing staff corporate-wide; these include General Nursing Orientation, in-service and continuing education and management development.
- Act as liaison for training provided by companies on new patient care equipment and procedures.
-Coordinate educational programs conducted by other departments / organizations for Nursing Department e.g., life support courses by Hamad International Training Center, computer literacy training and Medicom by Health Information Systems Department, English Language courses by Human Resource Department.
-Collaborate in the training of other departments, as requested.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of competency program for the nursing service staff and for the staff of the Nursing Education and Training Department.
-Develop and maintain systems, which support the management of information for department records that are in compliance with the standards of the Nursing Department and corporate requirements.
- Assume a leadership role for the professional group and healthcare community in achieving the goals for a better healthcare
- Assist with the coordination and planning of activities to support the provision of community education programs
- Facilitate the development of current educational materials; support technologies that enhance effectiveness of education / training program
-Evaluate and determine cost-effective utilization of resources.
- Ensure compliance to standards set by the department, other departments and the corporation.