1. Facilitates, coordinates, and monitors the patient's care throughout the continuum.
2. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary care team, patient and family in the assessment and coordination of the patient care needs.
3. In addition to providing continuous assessment and outcome-oriented care planning, the case manager coordinates care inside and outside the department, develops and oversees the implementation of the care plan, allocates resources, and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care. The case manager is directly involved with the patient.
4. Serves as liaison between members of the multidisciplinary care team, patient and family, ensures quality care that is in accordance with the corporate and home care policies and procedures.
5. Receives and undertakes assignments given by the nurse supervisor.
6. Consults with nurse supervisor to prioritise cases and set objectives.
7. Relays information regarding cases to nurse supervisor at regular briefings as required.
8. Supervise and monitors the nurse at Home Care section.