• 5 years previous Lift Experience working in the Oil and Gas industry of which:
• 3 years experience as a rigger or above working in Oil and Gas Live Plant Areas.
• 2 years experience as a Lifting and Rigging supervisor working in Oil and Gas Live Plant Areas
• Ability to produce good quality standard lift plot, elevation drawing and lifting tackle drawing’s to scale preferred file AutoCAD , ( or the ability to work with a Auto-Cad-eng/Draftsman to produce these drawings may be acceptable)
• Expert knowledge in lifting equipment ,lifting equipment selection for procurement and task, lifting equipment inspection and lifting equipment devaluation calculations for standard lifts.
• A thorough understanding of the testing requirements for lifting equipment and Cranes including but not limited to vendor lifting lugs.
• Knowledge of all project Lifting and HSE standards and requirements.
• Expert Knowledge of lifting using Mobile Crane’s, Overhead Cranes, Gantry Crane’s both Fixed and Trolley, Chain Blocks , Tirfor’s, Jacking and Skating, Fork Truck, and Man-lifts. Boom Truck Including any devaluations.
• Knowledge of all project Lifting and HSE standards and requirements. (It will be accepted that a new employee to the project will require some time to familiarize himself with the standards and HSSE requirements of the project).
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word.
• Ensure compliance of client’s polices and procedure related to Lifting and rigging
• Ensure safety critical elements are maintained
• Continually seek to enhance safety throughout the Lifting and Rigging operation’s
• Competent at assessing the lifting and rigging employees under his jurisdiction
• Supervise 3rd party inspections of OWNED, OPERATED OR HIRED cranes, lifting equipment including boom truck and forklifts (or any lifting equipment under CONTRACTOR control)
• Ensure all equipment is faultless before requesting For inspections on the equipment.
• Monitoring of ongoing lifting operations at site to ensure best industry practices are being carried out and legislative practices are met.
• Ensure any documentation is presented to the client lifting department in a timely fashion and all documentation is correct.
• Monitor the quality of pre-lift meeting and recommend improvements when required ,
• Carry out site coaching and mentoring.
• Responsible for lifting equipment selection, procurement and ensure all lifting equipment meets the required standards.
• Ensure all lifting equipment has a valid and up-to-date inspection and corresponding certificate
• Perform lifting equipment devaluation calculations.
• Ensure all documentation required for lifting and rigging has been processed and correct in order for the lifting and rigging to proceed
• Produce Lifting and Rigging Method Statements, Plot Plans.
• Responsible for ensuring any craneage OWNED, OPERATED OR HIRED meets the client’s allowable ground loading’s and identification of any underground voids or services
• Responsible for ensuring the correct crane ground loading calculation have been performed to ensure that that any extra precautions required to meet the client's ground loading requirements are correct.
• Ensure when extra dunnage is required on the client to meet the required ground loading requirements the correct size dunnage (timber mats, steel plates etc) are selected and used.