How To Avoid Illegal Recruitment | Paano Makakaiwas sa mga Ilegal na Recruitment
1. Do not apply to recruitment agencies without a valid POEA license. Also, do not deal with training centers and travel agencies promising overseas employment.
2. Do not deal with anyone who is not an authorized representative of a licensed agency.
3. All recruitment activity should be done at the registered address of the licensed agency. All transactions done outside the registered address of the agency is considered illegal recruitment. If the recruitment is conducted in the province or in a job fair, check if the agency has a provincial recruitment authority.
4. Do not undergo a medical examination without a valid job offer and a valid job order.
5. Your placement fee should only be equivalent to your one month salary abroad. Do not pay more than the allowed placement fee and only give payment upon presentation of a valid employment contract. Do not forget to ask an official receipt.
6. Do not pay a processing fee more than P5,000.
7. Do not pay for the visa as it should be shouldered by the employer.
8. You should not pay for placement fee, nor agentís fee if you are applying as a domestic helper.